A while ago, the SEA Board of Directors undertook a strategic planning exercise with a facilitator from Alberta Community Development.
Two of the things that came out of that were our current mission statement:
The Society of Edmonton Atheists fosters a community among atheists, agnostics and freethinkers through discussion, constructive activism, education and philanthropy.
And a list of goals for the SEA:
- Promote better Board functioning
- Introduce the SEA and atheism to the public
- Obtain and retain members
- Improve event variety, organization and frequency
- Organize philanthropic activities
- Active fundraising (casino application, grants)
- Communicate for the benefit of our members
- Advocate for secular issues