As I hope you’re aware, rain or shine, the Edmonton Atheists annual Summer Solstice Potluck Picnic is happening this Saturday, June 22, 4-7pm at the blue picnic site in Coronation Park (Google Map).
As you might guess, this takes a little organization to put together, but nothing too strenuous.
We’d like a few volunteers for:
- Cooler and ice (one for meat, one for other items needing cold)
- Kindling and paper
- Fire wood
- A few people day of to help with the kids scavenger hunt
Everyone should bring:
- Something to drink (water fountains and taps are avaliable at the park)
- A potluck food to share (with serving spoons, etc.)
- Outdoor games (bubbles, balls, Frisbee, etc.)
- Weather appropriate gear (hats, sunscreen, bug spray, rain coat)
Wood burning grills and fire pits are avaliable for cooking (remember utensils to get your hot food off). Power is not avaliable at the picnic site.
The SEA will provide:
- Cups, plates, utensils, napkins
- A limited number of burgers, buns, and condiments
If you can volunteer to bring along a cooler & ice, or fire supplies, please contact us.