A few years ago, the SEA adopted a section of the QE II highway; we make sure it gets cleaned, and the province puts our name on a sign. The first set of days we’re cleaning this year is this Saturday and Sunday, from 9-11:30am (the early times avoid us being out there when it’s sweltering hot).
Meeting Location, 9am:
South end of the Sparrow Drive Service Road in Nisku, at the cul-de-sac just south of the Blackjacks Roadhouse.
- GPS: 53.338802,-113.544435
- Map: http://goo.gl/maps/Rdxuh
SEA will supply:
- Safety vests (but please bring one if you have one)
- Garbage Bags
- Some work gloves (bring your own if you have a pair)
Volunteers should bring:
- Ski pole, or stick with nail on end to pick up garbage
- Sunscreen/hat/sunglasses – be prepared for the weather
- Bug spray
- Work gloves (latex gloves are not suitable)